Home
For Questions, Inquiries, Click Here
Page | - Follow us - Call us

Monday, March 12, 2018

#DregistExclusive : PETITION AGAINST PAYPORTE FOR SALARIES OWED, NON-REMITTANCE OF PENSION AND TAX




PETITION AGAINST PAYPORTE FOR SALARIES OWED

News reaching us at Dregist, at the moment is that the popular Online Shop, Payporte, sponsoring the Big Brother Naija show, is owing her ex workers their pension and tax funds.
The workers took to  social medias to purge out their pains and also seek for justice. 

As Explained by one of the staff, the workers has already filed a court case against the company, but at the moment, they have offered a subpoena. 

Read What They Wrote :

“This is to bring to the notice of the Labour union, LIRS, PENCOM and general public the injustice and inhumane treatment going on at PAYPORTE GLOBAL SYSYEM, official sponsors of the Big Brother Naija show.

For months we have been working without pay! Requests for salary advance from salaries owed are being denied! Employees who are unable to come to work due to lack of funds are fired and still denied payment! Salaries have not been paid since November last year.

In compliance with the Pension reform act of 2014, section 4, subsection (1)(a) and (b), 8% employee contribution is being deducted monthly but not remitted, same for the employer's statutory 10% pension contribution, making it a total of 18% pension contribution as stated in the Pension Act, which has not been remitted for more than 2years, same with tax.

Requests have been made, emails have been sent but the company has refused to respond and pay us our dues. We have been quiet for too long while we watch as management spend frivolously.

They engage in activities to promote the image of the company, sign celebrities as ambassadors, host and pay student ambassadors, sponsor a reality tv show worth over #350 million naira, NFF, AYLive, while it's employees suffer. We have been quiet and watched as management buy cars, sponsor vacation trips, pay business class tickets for other staff simply because the are warming the CEO's bed. You would ask how is it our business? It is our business when we are being owed for 4 months and expected to come to work while certain staff enjoy special privileges. It is our right to demand for what is ours.

Our loyalty and patience is being taken for granted and we will not be silent anymore. We call on the Nigerian Labour Congress to take action. We call on FIRS to take action. We call on PENCOM to take action, and the general public to please help us ask PayPorte why we are being denied our rights. We have labored for PAYPORTE and we deserve our wages! ”

As written above, the workers are been owed a four months salary.
 Below are pictures of the court case filed against Payporte

PETITION AGAINST PAYPORTE FOR SALARIES OWED

PETITION AGAINST PAYPORTE FOR SALARIES OWED
PETITION AGAINST PAYPORTE FOR SALARIES OWED





Your View?
EmoticonEmoticon